These days, the term “Industry 4.0” stands for the networked and data-driven world of fast flexible and globally coordinated production. In the age of digitalisation, it is essential to use the new possibilities on offer effectively. Consequently, digitalisation is an important step, for example, to enable quicker time to market, optimised production processes and more individual customer services. In this regard, the communication platform required plays a central role in the networking of devices and machines and the suitable IT infrastructure. The data extracted must be stored, analysed and further used accordingly.
On the way to Industry 4.0, manufacturing companies face many digital challenges. You can find out more about what these are and what is necessary to master these successfully, in the article "Digitalisation in the Industry 4.0".
Cloud computing – ideal for networked productionWhen deciding on the correct IT strategy for your networked production processes or new digital services, you should ask yourself some questions that could be of decisive importance for success:
- How must our IT infrastructure be configured to advance the virtualisation of our production processes?
- How can we make our production process more flexible and faster in order to generate competitive advantages?
- What IT resources do we need for data storage and analysis?
- Can we ensure the necessary availability and performance to ensure the success of our production projects?
- Do we have sufficient IT resources and manpower to do this?
- Is our IT sufficiently flexible and adaptable to implement new ideas and developments?